Do you know how to keep your family safe if you need to escape your home? Use these handy tips to help.
- Practice an escape plan from every room in the house.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home.
- Caution everyone to stay low to the floor when escaping from fire and never open doors that are hot.
- Select a location where everyone can meet after escaping the house. After meeting outside, designate one family member to Call 9-1-1 from a neighbors home - do not return inside or attempt to call before exiting. Get out then call for help.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year and at different times of the day. Practice waking up to smoke alarms, low crawling and meeting outside. Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
- Click here for additional safety tips.